NHS Eye Examinations
The only optometric service that is funded by the NHS is the standard eye examination.At Neil Gordon Opticians we offer the most comprehensive NHS eye examination that we can, but funding is limited and additional investigations may incur a fee.Under the NHS eye tests are free for;
- All patients under 16
- Full time students aged 16,17 or 18
- All patients over 60
- Those receiving benefits, including Income support, Jobseekers allowance, Tax credits
- Registered blind/partially sighted
- suffering from diabetes/glaucoma
- over 40 with a family history of glaucoma
- People whose prescription have complex lenses.
Premium Eye Test Fee £50
Optomap: the only exam that captures more than 80% of your retina in one panoramic image.
Optomap Autofluorescence exam, an assessment of the retinal metabolism.
DNEye scan, a measurement of the eye’s aberrations.
Ocular topography,the corneal shape
Tonometry, the eye pressure
Dicon Peripheral Field assessment
Standard Eye Test £25
Tonometry and visual field assessment where clinically necessary.
Contact Lens Consultation £25
Optomap Retinal Imaging £20